Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Glorious October




I agree with Anne of Green Gables, who said: "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." 

I love October. Every year I look forward to the blazing orange, red, and yellow colors that decorate the mountains, walking trails, and yards. I start baking pumpkin pies, savoring their cinnamon fragrance as they bake, and the mix of pumpkin and sweet whipped cream when we eat them. I’m thrilled the first time I put on a jacket, happy to leave behind the soggy heat of summer.  

Who needs spring when you have October? It is rich with beauty and accomplishment. The year is almost finished. There is a certain maturity inherent in October, a satisfaction in a job well done . . . or at least having survived and made it another year to enjoy the spectacular views.



No comments:

Post a Comment